Problems in the industry
- Many agTech firms with similar technologies competing for the same customers – no clear market leaders
- Products and services are focused on addressing specific farmer problems and the technologies do not integrate with each other – requires farmers to run several technologies to satisfy operational needs
- Farmers are typically “relationship purchasers” and slow adopters of technology – multiple sales calls from unknown parties makes for few (if any) purchase decisions.
RavahTech strategic value propositions
- Roll-up of the best technologies through acquisitions and JV partnerships to build a clear market leading brand selling AgTech-as-a-Service (ATaaS)
- Develop our own IP and integrate JV partner technologies to form one modularized product suite to serve multiple market segments
- Leverage customer base and independent consulting to ensure best supplier pricing and services to our farmers
- Address industry inefficiencies to promote profitability throughout the agricultural value chain
The RavahTech concept was born in 2014 when MySmartFarm (start-up Agriculture Platform), HydraWize (in-field sensor, software & hardware supplier) and REGAL 3 (corporate finance and consulting) mapped out the agTech industry and the challenges facing all entrants entering the existing agriculture industry. The parties worked closely together for four years and referred to the integration of agTech technologies and services concept as the “SPV”. The “SPV” remained just an idea for several years as the parties followed their own business paths.
REGAL 3 was invited to provide advisory services to a large USA agriculture consulting firm in 2021. They were intent on building their own “integrated agTech platform” much the same as the “SPV”. The consulting firm decided that they would prefer to enter into a supply agreement with an “SPV” whose task it would be to develop the technology platform, which they would use in the future. RavahTech was born in February 2022.
In order to fulfil our mandate, we set out to acquire “best in class” technologies to integrate into our business. While the technologies might still be available in the market for a limited time, our first integrated solutions will be available for selected customer segments in January 2023.